- Open up File Manager through your control panel (cPanel) and ensure you are in the public_html (www) directory (also ensure that “hidden files” are visible).
- Then, click the “New File” link at the top of the page to access the tool to create your new .user.ini file.
- You will be presented with a popup allowing you to name and configure the new file. In the “New File Name” box, add the text “.user.ini” (without quotes). Be sure to include the dot before “user” in the filename.
- Now, your .user.ini file has been created! The next step is to edit the file and add the lines that you would like to customize. Locate the file in the list and click on it 1 time to highlight it.
- Once the .user.ini file has been highlighted, click the “Edit” link at the top of the page.
- This will then open up the file editor so you can input your custom configuration settings. Since we’ve just created the .user.ini file, it will be blank. All you would need to do is add the line from the server-wide php.ini file you wish to change and the new value such as the example image below.
And that’s it! You’ve now created your .user.ini file and all of your custom PHP configuration changes added to the file will be used by your website!